Quality cyber insurance and risk management for SMEs and small businesses.
Stanhope Cooper’s cyber insurance cover is designed for SMEs and family businesses reliant on:
- IT structure
- Accepting, processing, storing or transmitting credit card information
- Storing sensitive customer data
- Owning a website
Our team of brokers will help you understand and analyse the risks your business is exposed to, and suggest essential cyber risk management practices to make your business secure. In the case of a cyber attack or data breach, we’ll get your business up and running again in the shortest time possible.
A cyber insurance policy that fits your business needs
- Computer forensics – costs incurred for reverse engineering a Ransomware attack and get computer systems up and running again
- Multimedia liability – this can include defamation, invasion of privacy, plagiarism, infringement of copyright etc. relating to any content in a physical or electronic format (eg. Publications, advertising, branding)
- Cyber extortion costs
- Hacker damage
- Crisis communications and reputational mitigation – expenses following a data breach or loss
- Liability arising from failure to maintain confidentiality of data
- Liability arising from unauthorised network use
- Regulatory investigation expenses
- Business interruption – compensation for loss of income, and the cost of restoring reputation following a cyber attack
- Social engineering – compensation for funds lost through hackers imitating staff online in order to transfer company funds
By arranging the right level of cyber insurance cover, you’re also protecting your business against:
- Regulatory fines due to data loss,
- Increased fines that will be enforced by new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from May 2018, and
- Loss of confidence, profits and reputation – common outcomes of cyber attacks.
Cyber risk management measures
As well as arranging a cyber insurance policy that suits your business’ needs, our specialist advisors will also be able to provide you with cyber risk management advice. This can both manage and alleviate your risk as well as significantly reducing premiums. We offer cyber risk management advice on:
- Anti-virus software
- Device encryption
- Regular backups
- Inclusion in business continuity plan
- Secured remote access
Our specialist brokers will make sure you have a practical amount of insurance cover with an insurer who specialises in cyber insurance, and supported by a team of cyber risk and legal experts.
Benefits of a dedicated cyber insurance broker?
Finding the correct level of insurance cover for your business, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf to take the hassle out of insurance, and ensure that they have the right cover for their needs.
- Market knowledge – Our cyber insurance brokers have extensive knowledge of the insurance market and the products available. Every business is different. Niche, complicated and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
- Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
- Risk management – We provide access to market-leading cyber security experts. This not only gives our clients added protection from the risks that they face, but can lead to reduced premiums.
- Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time. We work on our clients’ behalf to liaise with insurers, and ensure that we get the best result possible.
Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)
Call now to speak to one of our cyber insurance brokers, and see how we can help you protect your business
Get a quoteor call us on 020 7776 9790