This is essential insurance cover that protects, directors, officers and those with managerial responsibility from legal costs resulting from litigation that they may become personably liable for.
As a family business, you have no “corporate veil” to hide behind and this makes it easier for people to make allegations against you. Justified or Unfounded, it’s still expensive to deal with.
No win no fee companies have also made it easier for potential claims to be made against you. The premiums are very modest given the potential exposure. We see this as prudent and essential protection for your business.
We arrange directors & officers liability insurance that covers:
- The company and individuals
- Personal asset protection for directors.
- Employment practices and HR issues
- Regulator or Government defence costs
It’s important that your directors and management team are aware of their responsibilities to employees. We can advise you on what internal procedures should be in place to minimise any potential claims made against individual directors or the company itself. A strong Risk Management programme will also help reduce the premium.
Benefits of an insurance broker?
Finding the correct level of insurance cover, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf to take the hassle out of insurance, and ensure that they have the right cover for their needs.
- Market knowledge – Our expert team of insurance brokers have extensive knowledge of the insurance market and the products available. Every case is different. Niche, complicated and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
- Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
- Risk management – We provide access to market-leading security experts. This not only gives our clients added protection from the risks that they face, but can lead to reduced premiums.
- Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time. We work on our clients’ behalf to liaise with insurers, and ensure that we get the best result possible.
Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)
Call us to see what we can do for you
Get a quoteor call us on +44 (0)20 7776 9790