We insure all periods and styles from Old Masters and Impressionist through to Modern and Contemporary.
A painting is ultimately worth what someone will pay for it, but we make sure you are fully aware of the difference between the fair market value (FMV) and the insurance value.
We arrange insurance that provides:
- Comprehensive worldwide cover on an “All Risks” basis including accidental damage
- Comprehensive worldwide cover whilst in transit
- Automatic Acquisition cover for new purchases
- Depreciation and defective title
Benefits of a dedicated SME insurance broker?
Finding the correct level of insurance cover for your fine art or antiques collection, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf to take the hassle out of insurance, and ensure that they have the right cover for their needs.
- Market knowledge – Our expert team of fine art insurance brokers have extensive knowledge of the insurance market and the products available. Every piece, and every collection is different. Niche, complicated and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
- Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
- Risk management – Theft of Art is rare. Its far more likely that your artwork will be damaged in transit. The majority of claims we manage on behalf of our clients are related to losses occurring when these items are moving. Our risk management service ensures that that our clients are aware of their insurance and loan agreements.
- Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time. We work on our clients’ behalf to liaise with insurers, and ensure that we get the best result possible.
Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)
Call us for a bespoke fine art insurance quote today:
+44 20 7776 9790