Professional Indemnity is the life and soul of any SME business insurance programme.
Take pride in your work. Stanhope Cooper’s Professional Indemnity insurance gives you the extra confidence to practice your skill and expertise in your trade. So you can feel safe in the knowledge you are protected from any mistakes that might occur. It protects the core essence of your business: the advice you give and the service you provide. Stanhope Cooper provides Professional Indemnity insurance with no grey areas, so you know that you are fully covered whatever the scenario.
What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance covers businesses and professionals who provide advice or services to clients. You probably need Professional Indemnity insurance if you:
- Provide expertise, skills or advice to clients
- Have access to clients’ confidential information
- Produce materials that could infringe intellectual property rights
- Provide a professional service and could be challenged on your work
Occasionally, businesses and individuals can give bad advice or provide a poor service. We all make mistakes. Sometimes these can be costly, even if you are not at fault when a client claims financial loss related to your work for them.
Professional Indemnity insurance protects against:
- Breach of Confidentiality – failing to meet data protection requirements
- Negligence- careless at work, poor advice, making a mistake, loss of documents and data
- Breach of Intellectual Property– copyright infringement, using other people’s content and data
- Defamation & Libel- damaging claims against a person and organisation
- Breach of Contract– not delivering on a project as per the terms of contract
Stanhope Cooper’s Professional Indemnity insurance is tailored to you. Choose your range of cover to reflect your needs with the help of our expert advice. Our SME business team handles claims on your behalf, and our insurance covers defence costs including solicitors’ fees and expert counsel should it be necessary.
Which industries do Stanhope Cooper specialise in?
We specialise in SME businesses, family businesses, Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships as well as individual professionals such as:
- Accountants and Bookkeepers
- Business Consultants
- Creative Professionals
- Marketing and Media Professionals
- Estate Agents
- Technology Professionals
- Training Consultants
- Web Designers and Programmers
- And many more!
We insure most qualified professionals, however, if you are still a professional-in-training we cannot currently offer you Professional Indemnity insurance.
A logistics company sued by a competitor for copyright infringement and intellectual property theft relating to their business model and their website. Insurer paid £170,000.
An IT consultancy’s web hosting partner company hacked – consultancy’s clients’ websites offline for a day. The client sued the consultancy for loss of business. Insurer paid £3,200.
A marketing agency omitted a digit from a client’s phone number and left out their web address in a printed advert. The agency had to reprint advert at their own cost. Insurer paid £21,995.
Professional Indemnity risk management advice
It’s never a good idea to change your Professional Indemnity insurer too often as it’s the insurer in place when a claim is made that will be liable. Stanhope Cooper help you find the right insurer from the get-go so that in the event of a claim, you don’t have to go back to the ex-insurer you deserted and now ask them for a favour! We make sure all the business activities you carry out are known by the insurer. Simple we know, but you would be amazed how many claims are not settled because of a breakdown in communication between client, broker and insurer. We do the leg work so you can get on with your work. By getting the facts straight from the outset, we make sure our clients are adequately protected. Nobody likes to buy a faulty product.
Benefits of a dedicated professional indemnity insurance broker?
Finding the correct level of professional indemnity insurance cover, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf to take the hassle out of insurance, and ensure that they have the right cover for their needs.
- Market knowledge – Our expert team of professional indemnity insurance brokers have extensive knowledge of the insurance market and the products available. Every case is different. Niche, complicated and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
- Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
- Risk management – We provide access to market-leading security experts. This not only gives our clients added protection from the risks that they face, but can lead to reduced premiums.
- Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time. We work on our clients’ behalf to liaise with insurers, and ensure that we get the best result possible.
Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)
Call one of our professional indemnity insurance brokers to see how you could benefit
Get a quoteor call us on 020 7776 9790