Healthcare cover to protect you and your family wherever you are in the world.
Living abroad can bring healthcare complications with it. Whether permanent or temporary, if you or a family member becomes ill, being unsure of your healthcare provision can be very stressful. Stanhope Cooper provides international health insurance policies that cover you anywhere in the world. Reassurance that no matter where you are, you can get the medical treatment you need.
What is international health insurance?
International medical insurance is designed for people living abroad for an extended period of time, covering the costs for everyday medical expenses whether that be short term (students travelling/on a gap-year etc.), mid-term (people on contracts working abroad for between 3 months to 3 years) or on a long term basis (moving abroad indefinitely).
We work with a number of insurance providers, enabling us to tailor the options available to your specific requirements. You can be covered for things such as:
- Visits to a doctor or specialist
- Diagnostic tests
- In & Day patient procedures / surgery
- Emergency treatment
- Maternity cover
- Dental procedures
How can international health insurance work for you?
International health insurance can cover you for any emergency treatment that may be required, as well as diagnosis and post-treatment aftercare. Our insurance ensures that you are covered in a comprehensive way, the same way that you would be covered were you living in the UK. If you have a preferred doctor or specialist in another country, you have the option of seeing them.
You can choose to have cover for as long as you need it. No matter the reason or length of time you’re abroad, we can arrange that for you.
Tailored international healthcare cover
There are a number of optional extras that can be attached to your international health insurance plan should you need them. These include:
International outpatient – Outpatient care for when a hospital stay is required as part of treatment. This includes costs for prescribed drugs, dressings etc.
International medical evacuation – Cover for medical evacuation should emergency treatment be required, and unavailable locally
International health and wellbeing – Routine physical exams, to screen and test for illnesses
International vision and dental – Routine eye examinations, plus a range of dental treatments.
Why use an international health insurance broker?
Finding the most suitable level of international health insurance cover for you and your family, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf, taking the hassle out of health insurance and ensuring that you have the right level of cover and benefits in place for your needs.
- Market knowledge – Our international medical insurance team have extensive knowledge of the market and the products available. Every situation is different. Niche, complex and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
- Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
- Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time, especially when living abroad and unsure of how the health system works, so it helps to have someone you can liaise with if you have any questions or concerns.
Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)
Speak to our international health insurance team today to see how you could benefit
Get a quoteor call us on +44 (0)20 7776 9790