Get in touch with us now

Get a quote now

At the very start or very end of the property lifecycle, your building will typically be unoccupied pending renovation, sale or purchase.

Insurers don’t like protecting vacant buildings as they statistically lead to more claims. The premiums are more expensive and insurance coverage is restricted. We work with specialist insurance providers who will provide you with extended insurance cover, making sure your property is insured whilst it’s at its most vulnerable.

Our clients will benefit from insurance with:

  • Subsidence, Escape of Water and Malicious damage cover included
  • 3, 6 or 12-month policy periods
  • Loss Payee and Non-Vitiation Clause
  • Includes cover for Furniture, Artworks, and Audio Visual

Unoccupied property risk management advice

When a property is unoccupied, you should either turn off the main stop cock and drain down the pipes and tanks or alternatively keep the heating on at no lower than 15 Degrees Celsius. This will remove any recognisable risk of water damage and should reduce the total premium. Make sure someone can check on the property once a week and consider taking advantage of cost effective smart technology. Lights can now be turned off and on remotely through a smartphone app.

Benefits of a dedicated unoccupied property insurance broker?

Finding the correct level of insurance cover for your unoccupied property, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf to take the hassle out of insurance, and ensure that they have the right cover for their needs.

  • Market knowledge – Our expert team of unoccupied property insurance brokers have extensive knowledge of the insurance market and the products available. Every property is different. Niche, complicated and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
  • Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
  • Risk management – We provide access to market-leading security experts. This not only gives our clients added protection from the risks that they face, but can lead to reduced premiums.
  • Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time. We work on our clients’ behalf to liaise with insurers, and ensure that we get the best result possible.

Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)

Talk to one of our unoccupied property insurance brokers today

Get a quoteor call us on 020 7776 9790