Stanhope Cooper is a London based insurance broker specialising in property development insurance.
Our complete lifecycle property development insurance and risk management solutions cover:
- Commercial properties
- Residential properties
- Renovation insurance
- Non negligence insurance
- Latent defects insurance
- Unoccupied properties
- Property investment portfolio insurance
We provide comprehensive insurance cover to protect your project from planning, through to development, through to the finished article.
What makes us different from other property development insurance brokers?
We offer a personal, tailored service, with your own dedicated broker to guide you through every aspect of the insurance process.
At Stanhope Cooper we can organise all aspects of your project’s insurance requirements. This makes it easy for you to understand your insurance, whilst ensuring that you receive the highest quality cover for a competitive price.
As part of your portfolio cover we can include:
- Existing Structure
- Contract Works
- Property Owners Liability
- Non-Negligence / Party Wall
- Project and Employers Liability
- Latent Defects / Structural Warranty
We make the process easy and painless with just one point of contact throughout the whole project – your dedicated insurance broker. We act as your strategic partner through your property development project. Our one stop-shop approach gives us greater leverage with our selected panel of insurance partners, providing you with watertight insurance coverage and often leading to substantial premium discounts.
Our property development insurance experience
Case study 1
Acting for a high-end residential developer we arranged:
- 10-Year Warranty
- Contract Works
- Non-Negligence / Party Wall
- Unoccupied Property Insurance pending sale
We saved the developer thousands in insurance costs due to this portfolio approach.
Case study 2
Insuring a high value residential renovation project with a combined sum of £17 million. The client initially obtained extended cover for the existing structure at a premium of £29,000. We provided terms under our bespoke renovation policy for both the existing structure and the contract works at a premium of £32,000. The client readily asked us to arrange the renovation insurance.
Case study 3
We were approached by a developer to provide non-negligence insurance on a basement conversion in London. The policy not only served as a risk transfer tool but also enabled him to free up tens of thousands of pounds, enabling him to to relocate a significant amount of his money usually held in Escrow due to taking out this insurance policy.
Benefits of a dedicated property development insurance broker?
Finding the correct level of insurance cover for your property development, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf to take the hassle out of insurance, and ensure that they have the right cover for their needs.
- Market knowledge – Our expert team of property development insurance brokers have extensive knowledge of the insurance market and the products available. Every project and portfolio is different. Niche, complicated and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
- Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
- Risk management – We provide access to market-leading security experts. This not only gives our clients added protection from the risks that they face, but can lead to reduced premiums.
- Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time. We work on our clients’ behalf to liaise with insurers, and ensure that we get the best result possible.
Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)
Call one of our property development insurance brokers to see how you could benefit
Get a quoteor call us on +44 (0)20 7776 9790