When health issues arise, knowing that you have access to quick diagnosis and treatment is what matters most.
When health issues arise, knowing that you’re able to get a prompt diagnosis and the very best treatment available is what matter most. Private health insurance for you and your family can provide that reassurance.
Private medical insurance can be difficult to navigate. The complicated nature of plans and the varying degrees of cover means that comparing providers and policy options can be tough.
Stanhope Cooper can help. Our specialist private healthcare insurance brokers know the market and can tailor cover to suit your needs. Plus with a dedicated broker, you know that you have support at hand to guide you through the claims process should the worst happen.
What is private health insurance?
Private medical insurance (PMI) is designed to cover the costs incurred by private healthcare. This will cover you for diagnosis and treatment of disease, illness or injury that develop after your policy begins. Although most pre-existing conditions would be excluded from cover, we can in some instances get these included (depending on the condition, whether it is controlled, and how long it has been since diagnosis).
The level of cover available can vary, and is dependent on the type of policy you have. Most providers broadly offer three types of healthcare insurance: Basic, mid-range, and comprehensive.
All three options will generally cover any inpatient treatment, where you are required to stay in hospital – either as a day patient or overnight. Where they differ is the level of outpatient support provided (eg. Scans, consultations, tests, rehabilitation etc.). Comprehensive health insurance tends to cover all outpatient treatment in full.
What private health insurance is right for you?
Private medical insurance policies can vary depending on excess options and no-claims discounts, have different levels of cancer cover, plus options on hospital networks. On top of this your medical history and current condition will be considered. Very few people know exactly what they need from their policy, and that’s why we are here to help.
At Stanhope Cooper, we will give you unbiased advice on your healthcare insurance. We look to establish your individual requirements so that we can accurately recommend the insurer and cover that suits you best.
Plus as your dedicated health insurance broker, our work doesn’t stop once your cover is taken out. We review your policy each time it comes up for renewal to assess whether it is still the best option. And of course, you can be assured that should the worst happen we will guide you through the claims process and work with your insurer on your behalf.
Our focus is you.
Here to help when you need it most
- A dedicated private medical insurance broker
- Specialist, independent and unbiased advice
- A free, no obligation health insurance quote
- An accurate recommendation of the market based on your circumstances
- Mediation with insurers on your behalf as and when needed
- Guidance and support through the claims process
- A thorough review of policy options at each renewal.
Benefits of a dedicated health insurance broker?
Finding suitable level of insurance cover for you and your family, at the optimum price, can be difficult. At Stanhope Cooper we work on our clients’ behalf to take the hassle out of health insurance, and ensure that they have the right cover for their needs.
- Market knowledge – Our health insurance team have extensive knowledge of the market and the products available. Every situation is different. Niche, complex and unique requirements call for a high level of market-expertise. We work with an elite panel of insurers and are able to get access to products and deals that are not always available by going direct.
- Unbiased advice – As an independent broker we are not aligned to any particular insurers. Having assessed your requirements, we can scour the market to find business insurance cover that is right for you. Furthermore as an exclusively family-owned brokerage, we have no third-party shareholders to concern ourselves with. This means we can focus solely on the needs of our clients.
- Guidance in the event of a claim – Should the worst happen, we offer guidance and support to our clients throughout the claims process. Making a claim can often be a worrying time. We work on our clients’ behalf to liaise with insurers, and ensure that we get the best result possible.
Plus with our Client Portal you can have all of your policy documents in one place, so you can access your insurance information at the click of a button. Policy documents are also available on the go, via the Stanhope Cooper app (Apple & Android)
Call our private medical team to see how you could benefit
Get a quoteor call us on +44 (0)20 7776 9790